Full-time Senior Tax Preparer
Company: RHW CPAs
Location: Diamond Bar
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Tax and accounting firm seeking a full-time Senior Tax Preparer.
Job duties include working closely with our CPAs and accounting
team to create and maintain the day to day financial transactions,
process accounts payable and receivable, tax payments for clients.
Our ideal candidate is familiar with accounting principles, has
strong computer skills, extensive knowledge and experience with
bookkeeping, as well as extensive knowledge and experience with
individual and small business tax preparation. Candidate would have
experience working in Public Accounting, preparation of annual
Federal and State tax forms (1040, 1120, 1120S, and 1041),
Quickbooks, has a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, is
able to consistently meet deadlines, is reliable, self-motivated, a
multi-tasker, as well as holds the ability to communicate clearly.
Minimum of 5 years of public accounting and tax experience. Holds
current CPA License or EA. Salary range is $80k - $120k. Hybrid:
Office & Remote
- Review, prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax
returns for individuals and small businesses.
- Review and prepare other tax returns including sales tax,
assessor forms, power of attorney forms, filing and any other tax
forms as needed.
- Client bookkeeping as needed.
- Analysis of general ledger accounts and reconciliation of bank
accounts, with appropriate client communication and action to
resolve outstanding issues and items.
- Processes accounting transactions including, but not limited
to: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Employee Expense
- Play an integral part in year-end close by evaluating and
preparing required journal entries to get clients' books and
records ready for income tax preparation.
- Excel spreadsheet analysis for various projects and
- Assist with tax season preparation.
- Set-up and manage access to clients' payroll through third
party vendor, and retrieve necessary reports to assist with income
- 1099 preparation in general, getting information from the
clients, TIN matching 1099 recipients before 1099's are prepared,
reviewing other staff's work.
- Preparing extensions as needed- includes analysis of client
file to determine tax liability due prior to deadline and
communicating to client.
- Phone calls to clients or government agencies for information
needed to complete returns per supervisor's instructions.
- This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive
listing of responsibilities, duties or activities. Additional
duties may be needed and/or assigned to ensure that the needs of
the internal and external customers are met.Job Type:
Full-timeSalary: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- Health insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridaySupplemental pay types:
- Bonus payExperience:
- Public Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)License/Certification:
- CPA License (Required)
- Enrolled Agent Certification (Required)Work Location: Hybrid
remote in Diamond Bar, CA
Keywords: RHW CPAs, Diamond Bar , Full-time Senior Tax Preparer, Accounting, Auditing , Diamond Bar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!