Outside Property Unit Manager (Southern California)
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Location: Diamond Bar
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Company SummaryTaking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Target Openings1Job Description SummaryUnder general direction
and as a member of the local line of business (LOB) management
team, responsible for product quality and performance for a
specific team of Outside Property claim professionals. Provide
guidance and direction to direct reports through a continuous
process of management involvement and frequent claim file review.
Serve as a field representative for the Home Office Property
product, as requested. Reinforce LOB Vision, Strategies, and
Objectives through word and action. Select, lead, mentor,
performance manage and develop staff. This position is based 100%
remotely and may include a combination of mobile work and/or work
from your primary residence.
As a Unit Manager for a team of field property claim adjusters, we
can accommodate a range of locations across Los Angeles, Orange
County, and the Inland Empire.
This position is based 100% remotely and may include a combination
of mobile work and/or work from your primary residence.Primary Job
Duties & ResponsibilitiesAttract, Retain and Develop World Class
- Proactive recruitment of talent; work with management
establishing and implementing a strategic staffing strategy.
- Effective orientation and on-boarding.
- Manage staff performance; implement strategies and plans to
address staff development; identify and address training needs on
an ongoing basis; provide frequent performance feedback.
- Work with management to develop and implement effective
training, performance development and succession planning.Effective
retention planning; proactively manage and respond to turnover.
- Effectively utilize reward system to distinguish top performers
and significant achievements.Provide Compelling Claim Services:
- Employ proper claim handling techniques to protect the
integrity of our brand and providing consistent service quality and
streamlined processes to add value for our customers.
- Develop and execute a strategic file management plan that
achieves optimal file resolution and business results.
- Provide face-to-face and written guidance to ensure
effectiveness, engagement, accuracy and efficiency.
- Review new notices, ensuring claims are assigned to staff with
appropriate skill sets.
- Conduct quality file reviews per office/ best practices
- Conduct ride-along inspections/ reinspections with claim
professionals to provide coaching and feedback.
- Establish/follow up on file reviews per diary instructions,
conducting additional reviews (i.e. 180, 360 day reviews), as
- Implement strategies and initiatives to improve file quality,
customer service and manage costs.Drive the Information Advantage:
- Successfully leverage data, management information and
technology to identify and make the most of opportunities to
support business strategies and improve results.Achieve Optimal
- Focus on resolution and process improvement, fulfilling all
obligations while maximizing cost effectiveness, helping the
business understand drivers, trends and product stress points and
helping our partners attract and retain business.
- Operate within agreed upon expense budget to achieve optimal
business results through productivity, appropriate resource
allocation, inventory management and loss adjustment
expense.Partner for Mutual Success:
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues,
business partners, customers, agents, regulatory agencies and
others to achieve organizational goals and create better
- Participate in business meetings and agency visits as
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job,
acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required
to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally,
license(s) must be obtained within three months of starting the job
and obtain ongoing continuing education credits as mandated.
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of three years claim work experience in at least one
line of business required.
- Valid Driver's License required.Education, Work Experience, &
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Claim management experience preferred.Job Specific Technical
Skills & Competencies
- Leading the Business:
- Drive Results.
- Leads Change.
- Executes Business Strategy.
- Leading Others:
- Attract Top Talent.
- Maximize Individual Performance.
- Holds Others Accountable.
- Aligns Rewards.
- Creates and Sustains a Dynamic Workplace.Environmental / Work
Schedules / Other
- Driving: Occasionally/Frequently
- While specific territory or day-to-day responsibilities may not
require an individual to climb a ladder, the incumbent must be
capable of safely climbing a ladder when deploying to a catastrophe
or ride-alongs which is a requirement of the position.
- Access and inspect all areas of a dwelling or structure which
is physically demanding requiring the ability to carry, set up and
climb a ladder weighing approximately 38 to 49 pounds with a safety
weight rating of up to 300 pounds (safety weight rating is the
amount of weight the ladder can safely carry and includes weight of
the individual and up to16 pounds of standard equipment), walk on
roofs, and enter tight spaces (such as attic staircases and
entries, crawl spaces, etc.).
- Exposure to Variable Weather Conditions - Frequently
- Travel Requirements: Travel OccasionallyEmployment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.To learn more about our
comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Experience : 0
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Diamond Bar , Outside Property Unit Manager (Southern California), Executive , Diamond Bar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!