Procurement Category Manager
Company: Niagara Bottling
Location: Diamond Bar
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Niagara, we're looking for Team Members who want to be part
of achieving our mission to provide our customers the highest
quality most affordable bottled water.Consider applying here, if
you want to:
- Work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a
chance to make an impact.
- Develop lasting relationships with great people.
- Have the opportunity to build a satisfying career.We offer
competitive compensation and benefits packages for our Team
Members.Procurement Category ManagerThe Category Manager is
responsible to lead category and operational management of their
designated spend categories. In addition this role will also
identify opportunities to reduce 'Total Cost of Ownership', provide
supply continuity, and deliver on quality and service expectations
and work with Procurement Director / Procurement Manager to lay
down procurement category strategy for their categories.Essential
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all category
influencers and become the business- wide category subject matter
expert from both a technical and commercial perspective.
- Assist in development of procurement strategies and plans for
the category together with stakeholders that would reduce our Total
Cost of Ownership and improve availability, quality, service and
- Anticipate, negotiate, and execute commercial opportunities on
time within the assigned categories under the supervision of the
- Develop, implement, and manage vendor performance metrics,
documents, and reporting as part of a Supplier Relationship
Management plan within specified category.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with all key
suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Continuously optimize category through spend reduction and/or
- Conduct market and risk analysis to drive category
- Negotiate commercial agreements with suppliers. Manage the
central repository for contracts, including activity planning and
the timely execution of contracts.
- Own vendor qualification process within category by
collaborating and developing positive relationships with
- Obtain data from varied sources to identify and support
fact-driven opportunities. Ensure analysis is accurate,
comprehensive, and robust.
- Own RFx processes from creation to completion to generate
multiple viable bids.
- Collaborate across departments during SOW development and
respective vendor auditing/vetting. Attend off-site vendor
tours/audits as needed.
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable and Project Management to
ensure project budgets are met and invoices are paid on time.
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a
comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that
are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities
and activities may change at any time with or without prior
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 6 Years - Experience in Procurement or other related field
- 6 Years - Experience in Position
- 4 Years - Experience Supervising Employees/ Process *experience
may include a combination of work experience and education
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 10+ Years- Experience in Procurement or other related
- 10+ Years - Experience working in Position
- 6 Years - Experience Supervising Employees/ Process
- experience may include a combination of work experience and
- Creative Thinking: able to think creatively, generating new
ideas and approaches to situations.
- Strategic Thinking: able to grasp the big picture and think
- Recognition of Opportunity: recognizes new opportunities and
acts to take advantage of them.
- Quantitative Analysis: skillful in using quantitative analysis
to understand business issues.
- Assertiveness: able to defend a point of view and to confront
others appropriately when necessary; unafraid to take controversial
positions and challenge the conventional wisdom or status quo.
- Comfort with Risk: takes risks when appropriate, isn't afraid
to innovate and experiment.
- Organizational Priority: able to make decisions that are in the
best interest of the organization, even though they cause
individual people distress.
- Decisiveness: able to make decisions even in ambiguous
situations and without full information.
- Self-Motivation/Time Management: able to determine and
prioritize tasks with minimal direction
- Negotiation Skill: skilled in negotiating tactics, effective in
utilizing analysis and creative solutions to extract the greatest
value for the company.
- Software Skill: Advanced working knowledge in Microsoft Office
(especially in Excel)
- Merit-orientation: judges ideas and people on merit alone,
without bias or favoritism.
- Influence: can influence and persuade other people, even
without direct authority.
- Political Skill: knows how to get things done within the
political framework of an organization.
- Leadership: comfortable taking a leadership role.
- Oral Communication: a skillful public speaker, good at
presenting ideas and plans in a persuasive manner.
- Written Communication: a good writer; expresses ideas and
- Cross Cultural: Able to interact effectively with people of
different cultures and backgrounds.This position embodies the
values of Niagara's LIFE competency model, focusing on the
following key drivers of success:
- Lead Like an Owner
- Manages a safe working environment, accurately documents safety
related training, and effectively communicates safety
- Provides strategic input and oversight to departmental
- Makes data driven decisions and develops sustainable
- Skilled in reducing costs and managing timelines while
prioritizing long run impact over short term wins
- Makes decisions by putting overall company success first before
- Leads/facilitates discussions to get positive outcomes for the
- Makes strategic decisions which prioritize the needs of the
customer over departmental/individual goals
- Continuously evaluates existing programs and processes, and
develops new initiatives to increase efficiency and reduce
- Creates, monitors, and responds to departmental performance
metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Communicates a clear vision, organizes resources effectively,
and adjusts the strategy as needed when managing change
- Find a Way
- Demonstrates ability to think analytically and synthesize
- Effectively delegates technical tasks to subordinates
- Works effectively with departments, vendors, and customers to
achieve organizational success
- Identifies opportunities for collaboration in strategic
- Empowered to be Great
- Makes hiring decisions primarily based on culture fit and
attitude, and secondarily based on technical expertise
- Engages in long term talent planning
- Provides opportunities for the development of all direct
- Understands, identifies, and addresses conflict within own team
and between teamsEducation
- Minimum Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in (Business Administration, Management,
Mechanical/Industrial Engineering) or other related field
- Master's Degree in (Business Administration) or other related
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: N/AForeign Language
- Required: None Required
- Preferred: None
job is intended to be performed entirely outside of ColoradoAny
employment agency, person or entity that submits a r--sum-- into
this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the
understanding that the applicant's r--sum-- will become the
property of Niagara Bottling, LLC. Niagara Bottling, LLC will have
the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee
owed to the submitting employment agency, person or
entity.Employment agencies that have fee agreements with Niagara
Bottling, LLC and have been engaged on a search shall submit
r--sum-- to the designated Niagara Bottling, LLC recruiter or, upon
authorization, submit r--sum-- into this career site to be eligible
for placement fees.
Keywords: Niagara Bottling, Diamond Bar , Procurement Category Manager, Executive , Diamond Bar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!