Charge RN-L3 (Operating Room)
Location: Diamond Bar
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Functions as a Lead of the healthcare team, coordinates
departmental operations that ensure quality patient care in a safe,
healing environment that is patient and family centered.
Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional
practice. Has appropriate clinical skills to be an expert resource.
Is available and supportive to employees and understands
priorities/needs of the department. Is a staff role model for
professional nursing practice. May recommend to management in
efficient resource allocation by assuring appropriate patient
assignments, staffing, and scheduling. Demonstrates performance
consistent with the strategic plan of the organization and the KP
nursing mission and values.
The Charge Registered Nurse demonstrates proficiency by exhibiting
the following skills, competencies, and behaviors:
- Directs reviews, assigns and organizes the work of at least
three (3) or more employees, of which at least one (1) must be
another Registered Nurse.
- Applies the KP Nursing mission, vision, values and behaviors in
- Understands needs and sets priorities for the department.
- Provides professional leadership and direction of department
personnel in order to maintain efficient delivery of effective
- Coordinates departmental operations and delegates tasks
appropriately. Is an excellent staff role model for professional
nursing practice (e.g. RN/MD Collaborating for Outcomes, Just
Culture, Quality, Service, and Safety).
- Supports and enhances the leadership skills of the staff RNs,
LVN s, UAs/CNAs (and other ancillary staff as appropriate).
- Upholds compliance with Kaiser Permanentes Policies and
Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities, applicable state and
federal laws and regulations, and accreditation and licensure
- Upholds the standards of the California Nurse Practice Act,
American Nurses Association (ANA) Standards of Nursing Practice,
and ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses.
- Champions new ideas; Actively collaborates with others through
the change process.
- Acts as a resource, preceptor and mentor to new employees,
registry, students and other team members in department specific
operations and patient care activities.
- Collaborates with or refers to manager/clinical nurse
specialist/educator any outstanding issues or concerns on the
- Demonstrates ability to identify and resolve problems in
collaboration with work team and with other departments.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, policies,
procedures, and standards of practice.
- Participates in activities related to patient flow, including
admission and discharge processes.
- Facilitates inter-professional/interdisciplinary communication
- Serves as a resource for clinical concerns, scope of practice
and applicable state and federal regulations as well as operational
concerns of provider and staff.
- Possesses experience and skills to be a resource for providers,
RNs, LVNs, USs/CNAs, (and other ancillary staff as
- Demonstrates flexibility in work schedule to meet the
department demands of the day; facilitates and relieves staff
- Actively involved in assigning, orienting, precepting and
coaching staff as needed.
- Conducts audits and ensures that documentation reflects
thorough assessments, incorporates physical and psychosocial
findings, diagnostic tests, learning needs, barriers,
multidisciplinary education plans and age appropriate care.
- Participates/leads various aspects of department operations,
staff competencies, department committees, Unit Based Teams (UBTs),
new projects, quality efforts and educational programs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patients specific conditions commonly
seen in the department and care required.
- Interfaces with leadership, peers, physicians, other healthcare
providers, and support staff regarding performance, as
- Actively participates, champions and motivates other staff in
quality improvement in patient care, workflow, and improvement in
clinical initiatives and working conditions of the department.
- Provides input on employees performance evaluations through
daily observation and monitoring of performance.
- Adjusts staffing needs of the department to assure quality
patient care, patient and staff safety, efficiency, productivity
and working conditions of providers and staff.
- Actively models Labor-Management Partnership (LMP) Workplace
Safety principles and practices.
Patient Care Experience/Customer Service:
- Acts as a role model for staff regarding providing a patient
care experience that exceeds members expectations.
- Ensures timely and appropriate management of patients.
- Coordinates smooth transition for patients across the care
- Participates in daily leadership rounds, documents rounding
activities on unit rounding logs (as appropriate).
- Assures hourly rounds are conducted by staff.
- Where appropriate, assures hourly rounds are documented
according to unit/facility policy or guidelines.
- Ensures support of the collaborative LMP environment through
unit based teams (UBTs).
- Identifies and supports staff professional/clinical development
needs (i.e. certification, presentations, and
- Motivates staff to attain their fullest potential in improving
performance, attendance, access, service and quality outcomes.
- Lead/facilitate daily/shift multidisciplinary huddles.
- Assures huddle messages are consistently communicated.
Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks
- Participates in resource allocation (assignments, scheduling,
staffing, equipment/supplies management).
- Collaborates and assists with leadership, physicians, and peers
in staffing, workflow and throughput to promote quality patient
care, patient and staff safety, efficiency, productivity and
working conditions of providers and staff.
- Attends Charge Nurse Educational programs.
- Takes responsibility for professional growth and development.
- 1-year recent (within the last 3 years) full-time equivalent
experience in an acute hospital OR, circulating on a variety of
surgical procedures in multiple specialties, or successful
completion of a KP Operating Room course or approved equivalent
within prior 12 months. Ability to scrub as required. The ability
to take call within a 30 minute response time.
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support
- Excellent communication skills including ability to read, write
and speak English.
- BSN Preferred.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Diamond Bar , Charge RN-L3 (Operating Room), Healthcare , Diamond Bar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...