Software Engineer (Consulting)
Location: Diamond Bar
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software
company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the
Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As the leading
provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been
recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to
solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the
Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda,
Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences
for their customers and employees.
But we don't just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a
greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making
technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it
possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others.
We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities
they're excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to
charities around the world. Oh, we're also self-funded which gives
us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value
to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
What if there was a hybrid job that pushed you to learn
cutting-edge technologies, gave you opportunities to provide
innovative solutions to clients like Honda, Airbus, AutoZone, and
Volkswagen, and equipped you to train the growing population of
Liferay users? Enter stage left our Consultant position. We're
looking for people who love open source and want to grow with a
company that's bursting at the seams. Apply now and tell us why
you'd like to join the Liferay family!
- Provide technical leadership and guidance (to clients) in the
installation, configuration, and implementation of Liferay's
- Fix core product defects to ensure successful deployment of
- Shadow senior consultants to execute non-full lifecycle
consulting packages (kick-start, go-live, etc.).
- Perform devOps tasks, system setup and configurations, JVM
level tasks, system integrations and architecture.
- Implement software solution adhering to departmental (and
industry) best practices and conventions.
- Demonstrate independence and self-sufficiency in Liferay DXP
- Keep team leads and managers posted on statuses and
- Respond to customer needs as they arise to ensure client
- Communicate with clients (directly) via verbal and written
communication (in addressing issues, clearing up requirements,
- Document project information, best practices, and other
relevant information to share.
- Take ownership of role and responsibilities.
- Mentor associate consultants.
- Increasing breadth of knowledge beyond software development,
including system setup/config, JVM, devOps, external systems and
platforms, system integrations, and system architecture.
- Mentoring and encouraging the associate consultants.
- Learning to architect solutions at the component level (aiming
to become feature owners).
- Experience in writing enterprise strength Java / J2EE
- Advanced understanding and experience in Java and OO design
Enjoy teaching people complex topics
- Expert knowledge of databases (MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with Websphere, Weblogic, JBOSS AS, or
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux OS, Servlets/JSP, Spring
and Hibernate, application performance and performance
- Prior experience with Liferay or other portal solutions a
- Demonstrates expert analytical and problem-solving skills
coupled with very strong motivation to identify and resolve
- Flexible, proven ability to work well under pressure, meet
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal Ability
to travel 25% of the time to customer sites (post-pandemic).
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to
qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor Working at a
leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates,
customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at
work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in
recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination
against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age,
sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil
partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability,
pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling
Keywords: Liferay, Diamond Bar , Software Engineer (Consulting), IT / Software / Systems , Diamond Bar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!