Associate Paralegal - Liability
Company: Travelers Indemnity Co
Location: Diamond Bar
Posted on: November 13, 2021
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
This position performs a variety of routine paralegal duties and
legal administrative duties for assigned attorneys, many of which
are unique to a legal environment and require a working knowledge
of legal concepts, terminology, and processes. Assists attorneys
and others in legal case preparation and file management for
standard matters which may include preliminary legal research,
drafting routine documents and obtaining, reviewing, summarizing
all relevant documents, reports, records and other sources of
information.Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Compiles and/or drafts legal documents for review and use by
attorneys such as routine documents, discovery responses,
affidavits, and other routine legal documents.
- Prepares initial pleadings and filings.
- Prepares exhibits and other demonstrative evidence.
- Coordinates requests between multiple parties involved in
- Subpoenas records.
- Conducts preliminary legal research as necessary.
- Assists attorney in trial as needed
- Captures time and records billable time in accordance with
policies and procedures.
- Reviews incoming mail to determine urgency and work with
attorneys accordingly to draft and handle correspondence and
- Acts as a liaison with experts and witnesses in
scheduling/coordinating appearances and/or depositions along with
- Schedule/coordinates depositions, medical examinations and
other court designated hearings. Retains court reporters and
interpreters, if necessary.
- Maintains attorney calendar as well as maintains diary and
tickler dates appropriately. Reviews calendar daily and proactively
handle upcoming events and determine dates upon which various
pleadings must be served and filed
- Inputs and maintains information into case management system
and ensure data integrity
- Assists with projects as requested
- May include all or the majority but not limited to these
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
- A minimum of 1 years' experience as a paralegal, litigated
claim handler or other law office support professional; or
Bachelor's degree; or a Paralegal Certification from an
ABA-Certified program required.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the Business and
Professions Code for Paralegal
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Paralegal or litigation/claim experience preferred.
- Insurance related experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and PDF Software.
Licensing or Certificates
- Paralegal Certification from an ABA-Certified program
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Advanced interpersonal skills to communicate with court
personnel, other attorneys and their staff, clients, witnesses and
- Advanced grammar and writing skills.
- Basic knowledge of general law office procedures and local
court/jurisdiction rules and procedures.
- Highly proficient with the usage of a case management system
and other software applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn proprietary software systems.
- Ability to identify urgency and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Basic research and analytical skills.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please
Keywords: Travelers Indemnity Co, Diamond Bar , Associate Paralegal - Liability, Legal , Diamond Bar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!