Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software
company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the
Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of
enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by
Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex
digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital
Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino's, and Airbus
use to build customized experiences for their customers and
employees. But we don't just make awesome software, we are also
fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant
business, making technology useful, and investing in communities,
we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to
serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer
at charities they're excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our
profits to charities around the world. Oh, we're also self-funded
which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the
most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Are you an experienced designer looking to take the next step in
your career, leading a global creative team to new heights?
Communication Design at Liferay partners primarily with
Liferay's Marketing, Sales, and People teams to achieve business
results through design.
You'll be globally leading visuals at the corporate level and
collaborating with design leaders in other functions:
- Product Design - infusing brand into our user experience
- Design Research - empowering designers with data
- Design Operations - producing quality at scale
- Solutions Design - ensuring brand relevance in industry
verticals like manufacturing and insurance
You are a highly collaborative leader who can drive consensus
without falling into the dreaded "design by committee" trap.
What will my first year look like?
One of your first initiatives will be articulating foundational
aspects of our brand. Every department sees our brand promise in a
different way. We need to figure out what's at the core, and get
alignment so we can all more effectively contribute to building
Another early project will be working with our talented web
designer to lead an update to liferay.com, and other major
marketing materials, to reflect strategic shifts in focus and
Additionally, you will:
- Work with marketing leadership to provide creative direction
that supports their business strategy on new campaigns.
- Collaborate with other design functions to make our design
system / brand guidelines / style guides more cohesive.
- Contribute to developing a framework for measuring and plan for
improving the Liferay brand.
- Expand and improve existing brand guidelines and resources,
proactively communicating to drive self-service.
What do I need to do to succeed?
- Communication: if we've learned anything from being fully
remote for the last 9+ months, proactive, effective communication
skills are a must.
- Branding: track record of building and measuring effective
brands is a must.
- Creative direction: you have a strong portfolio and help others
raise the bar.
What will help be stand out?
- People management: developing a team's skills and careers.
- Business acumen: case studies where you achieved business
objectives with quality visual design.
- Agency experience: working across cultures and industries,
listening and guiding people to a well-designed solution.
What do I need to submit to apply?
- Portfolio link
- In your cover letter (nothing formal), include a brief note
with feedback on our brand
What We Offer
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates,
customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at
work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in
recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination
against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age,
sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or
beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency
status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a