Location: diamond bar
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Are you committed to professional growth and exceptional client
service? Imagine a career as a Travelers lawyer where you can be
the best you. As an Associate Managing Attorney with Travelers
you'll be responsible for leading and managing a group of lawyers
in the delivery of high quality and proactive case handling results
for Travelers' insured customers. Responsible for recruitment,
retention, development and performance management of assigned
staff. As a technical line of business expert, you will have the
opportunity to use your legal expertise and litigation skills to
independently handle an appropriate number of moderate to complex
legal matters and deliver optimal results for Travelers' insured
customers. Travelers offers the strength of a national legal
organization committed to your professional development while
maintaining a local focus so you can be positioned as a strong
legal advocate and valued business partner.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage the office within the line of business,
practice group or satellite office, including acting as backup for
Managing Counsel in absence of Managing Counsel.
- Ensure that the line of business, practice group or satellite
provides outstanding advocacy to clients and achieves excellent
results on own cases and those assigned to Counsel within the
- Assist in managing the office to meet all financial
expectations of the program. Ensures office compliance with Staff
Counsel reporting requirements, including monthly reports,
productivity standards, Code of Conduct and company ethics
initiatives and office best practices.
- Responsible for all talent management, including but not
limited to staffing, performance management, ensuring engagement,
professional development and compensation.
- Drive and promote a culture of inclusion, engagement,
integrity, and teamwork designed to lead to successful and
- Assign cases and initiatives to assigned Staff Counsel,
matching experience, knowledge and skill level of attorneys, while
adhering to specialization philosophy and established
- Maintain caseload expectations set by Managing Counsel,
ensuring completion of, initial case analysis, litigation plans,
case evaluations, summaries, legal research, pretrial reports,
trial reports and other required items (all case handling
guidelines) in a timely and quality manner.
- Develop and implement strategies to address any identified
office development opportunities including prompt follow up and
resolution of issues. Conduct training as needed.
- Maintain high quality standards and ensure excellent service to
clients/customers by employing methods and strategies commensurate
with the provision of high quality legal and customer services.
Review files monthly focusing on quality as articulated on Quality
Review Form. Use file review database. Provide feedback and
coaching to attorneys.
- Assist with initiatives within the office and throughout the
Staff Counsel program. Achieve desired results through effective
advocacy and trial skills.
- Ensure clients are counseled effectively through prompt and
appropriate communication, sharing expertise and legal advice to
clients and other business partners on legal matters and changes in
- Assist Managing Counsel in ensuring the office(s) adheres to
high ethical standards of professionalism and integrity.
- Ensure office(s) compliance with all elements of Staff Counsel
- Handle an appropriate caseload as determined in consultation
with the Managing Counsel.
- Support and collaborate with Managing Counsel around the
analysis and utilization management information to drive
performance and execute upon value proposition strategies,
utilizing office resources and technology to assure a smooth
workflow and cost effectiveness.
- Complete and submit all required reports, time records, expense
reimbursements requests and other materials appropriate to
performance of job duties in a timely manner.
- Serve as part of the Staff Counsel Leadership team by providing
meaningful and thoughtful input to program-wide initiatives and by
chairing committees on selected projects, participates in Regional
Reviews and handles national projects, attend management meetings
and contributes to Staff Counsel Program initiatives, as requested
by Regional Counsel or Head of Staff Counsel.
- Understands the external legal, business and tort environment
and keeps current on trends and issues affecting our business.
- Juris Doctorate or equivalent International legal degree;
graduate of an accredited law school.
- A minimum of 7 years of successful law practice
- Prior project leadership and/or demonstrated informal or actual
- Active license to practice law in the state(s) in which
representation is required.
- Valid driver's license required depending on the location.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Trial experience strongly preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Superior writing skills
- Strong lawyering skills, including trial skills
- Strong change leadership skills; ability to describe business
rationale for change and gain understanding and adoption across a
large and diverse organization
- Demonstrates personal integrity and adherence to a high degree
of professionalism and ethical competency
- Strong ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to prepare and present information and advice in a
clear, concise, logical and well-organized manner to variety of
- Influential presentation skills that thoroughly demonstrate
- Proven ability to influence at all levels and to develop
effective strategies and implement/execute on those strategies
- Utilizes and promotes the use of technology, leverages and
maintains a level of proficiency with job-related technologies
- Demonstrates personal accountability that influences the team
to perform in a similar manner
- Exhibits relentless drive to meet deadlines and
- Superior business, legal and financial acumen
- Encourages constructive problem solving
- Continually challenges status quo
- Ability to effectively provide direct feedback and effectively
manage under performers
- Proven change management skills
- Organizational credibility
- Focuses on big picture and long-term business and/or product
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Frequently
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of
this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level
above or below the level included in this posting.
Keywords: Travelers, Diamond Bar , Attorney, Other , diamond bar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!