Commercial General Liability Claim Representative
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Location: Diamond Bar
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
What Is the Opportunity?
Under general supervision, the position is responsible for
investigating, evaluating, reserving, negotiating and resolving
assigned General Liability related Bodily Injury and Property
Damage claims. Provide quality claim handling throughout the claim
life cycle (customer contacts, coverage, investigation, evaluation,
reserving, negotiation and resolution) including maintaining full
compliance with internal and external quality standards and state
specific regulations. This job does not manage staff. As part of
the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an
online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the
assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be
provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to
What Will You Do?
- Timely coverage analysis and communications with insured based
on application of policy information, facts or allegations of each
case. Consults with Unit Manager on use of Claim Coverage
- Investigates each claim through prompt contact with appropriate
parties such as policyholders, accounts, claimants, law enforcement
agencies, witnesses, agents, medical providers and technical
experts to determine the extent of liability, damages, and
contribution potential. Takes necessary statements.
- Identifies resources for specific activities required to
properly investigate claims such as Subrogation, Risk Control,
nurse consultants, and fire or fraud investigators and to other
experts. Requests through Unit Manager and coordinate the results
of their efforts and findings.
- Verifies the nature and extent of injury or property damage by
obtaining and reviewing appropriate records and damages
- Keeps effective diary management system to ensure that all
claims are handled timely. At required time intervals, evaluates
liability and damages exposure, and establishes proper indemnity
and expense reserves.
- Utilizes evaluation documentation tools in accordance with
- Responsible for prompt, cost effective, and proper disposition
of all claims within delegated authority.
- Negotiates disposition of claims with insureds and claimants or
- Recognizes and implements alternate means of resolution.
- May manage litigated claims. Develops litigation plan with
staff or panel counsel, track and control legal expenses Assures
- Maintains claim files, have an effective diary system, and
document claim file activities in accordance with established
- May attend depositions, mediations, arbitrations, pre-trials,
trials and all other legal proceedings, as needed.
- Updates appropriate parties as needed, providing new facts as
they become available, and their impact upon the liability analysis
and settlement options.
- Recognizes cases based on severity protocols to be referred
timely to next level claim professional or Major Case Unit.
- Appropriately deals with information that is considered
personal and confidential.
- Fulfills specific service commitments made to certain accounts,
as outlined in Special Account Communication (SAC) instructions,
and inquiries from agents and brokers.
- Represents the company as a technical resource, attends legal
proceedings as needed, act within established professional
guidelines as well as applicable state laws.
- Provides quality customer service and ensures file
- Shares accountability with business partners to achieve and
sustain quality results.
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job,
acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required
to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally,
license(s) must be obtained within three months of starting the job
and obtain ongoing continuing education credits as mandated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 2 years bodily injury liability claim handling experience
- Commercial Claim handling experience preferred
- General knowledge and skill in claims handling and
- Basic working level knowledge and skill in various business
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response
to all assigned tasks - Intermediate
- Demonstrated good organizational skills with the ability to
prioritize and work independently. - Intermediate
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal and interpersonal
communication skills including the ability to convey and receive
information effectively. Intermediate
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy -Intermediate
- Analytical Thinking- Intermediate
- Judgment/Decision Making- Intermediate
- Communication- Intermediate
- Negotiation- Intermediate
- Insurance Contract Knowledge- Intermediate
- Principles of Investigation- Intermediate
- Value Determination- Intermediate
- Settlement Techniques- Intermediate
- Medical Knowledge- Intermediate
What is a Must Have?
- High School Degree or GED required with a minimum of one year
bodily injury liability claim handling experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Diamond Bar , Commercial General Liability Claim Representative, Other , Diamond Bar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!