CYD Preschool Staff-ELC
Company: YMCA OF ORANGE COUNTY
Location: Diamond Bar
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job DetailsJob LocationEarly Learning Center - Pomona Valley CYD
- Diamond Bar, CAPosition TypePart TimeWe are currently looking for
a Preschool Teacher and Infant Toddler Teacher to assist in the
planning, organization and implementation of childcare program.
Teachers will ensure the implementation of curriculum while
providing care, guidance and developmental experiences for children
in accordance with YMCA guidelines and state licensing
requirements. Supervise up to 12 children in a safe environment as
required by the Childcare Director and site
- Part-time and Full-time positions available (10a-6pm or
- Demonstrate and teach the character development values of
respect, responsibility, caring, fairness, trustworthiness and
- Implement curriculum and adapt teaching methods in a way that
is consistent with the unique needs of each child.
- Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can grow,
thrive and learn.
- Observe and assess childrens development academically,
socially, cognitively and physically.
- Partner and communicate with parents, with a shared desire to
provide the best care and education for their child.
- Provide supervision and set and maintain limits for children
using positive behavior techniques.
- Treat children, parents, and staff with dignity and
- Maintain a clean and organized environment; be responsible for
maintenance of equipment & supplies.
- Maintain good public relations with parents and communicate
with the Childcare Director.
- Follow & enforce health and safety regulations & other YMCA and
Licensing Title 22 policies and procedures.
- Assist with YMCA Member Involvement program and annual YMCA
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and
professional manner.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the
minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to
successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this
position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary
based upon the department size and/or geographic location.Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 12 postsecondary units in Early Childhood Education or
child development completed including Child Growth and Development,
Child, Family and Community and program/curriculum.
- Additional 3 units in Infant/Toddler Development required for
Toddler Teacher positions.
- Degree in Child Development or related field preferred.
- Pediatric (EMSA) First Aid and Pediatric (EMSA) CPR
certifications require. (The YMCA can provide training for
- 15-hour preventative health practice certifications within 90
days of hire. (YMCA does pay for this course)
- Complete YMCA Core trainings within first 60 days of
employment.Background & Experience:
- Must be 18 years of age with at least 6 months of experience
working with children in a licensed child care center.BenefitsThe
YMCA of Orange County offers excellent benefits as part of our
compensation package. Programs such as medical and dental insurance
options are available for full-time staff. Program discounts,
retirement, and complimentary use of YMCA facilities are offered to
all employees.Learn more about opportunities at the
Ywww.ymcaoc.org/careersOnce a conditional offer is made, candidates
will be subject to criminal background check, drug screen, and will
be asked to provide criminal history. Criminal history will be
analyzed on a case by case basis as it related to the position.
YMCA of Orange County participates in E-Verify and will provide the
federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that
you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Keywords: YMCA OF ORANGE COUNTY, Diamond Bar , CYD Preschool Staff-ELC, Other , Diamond Bar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!