Sales Executive, Small Commercial (SoCal Territory)
Location: Diamond Bar
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategorySalesCompensation OverviewThe annual base salary
range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and
represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the
country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by
a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location
of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and
experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As
part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program,
employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive
awards.Salary Range$85,400.00 - $140,800.00Target Openings1What Is
the Opportunity?Responsible for the execution of industry leading
sales strategies; initiating and developing highly effective sales
relationships with customers, distribution resources, and fellow
employees. Creates tactical sales plans that provide for the
profitable growth of respective segments -- consistently delivering
on Select Accounts profit and revenue goals. Position requires
state of the art sales skills, superior knowledge of Select
Accounts products and services, broad-spectrum knowledge of
corporate enterprise wide capabilities, and exceptional influence
management skills. Delivers sales success within our framework of
corporate values.What Will You Do?
- Identify new customers that fit our profile.
- Understand specific industry characteristics of each segment
including key needs and buying patterns.
- Develop annual Business Development Plans for assigned
- Work with designated distribution resources to develop Agency
Partnership Plans for Strategic Partner Agents.
- Active and leading involvement in point of sale
- Establish strong producer relationships through high
visibility, clear knowledge of company strategy and joint sales
- Help facilitate working relationships between distribution
resources and underwriters.
- Work with and influence all members of the Select Accounts team
to exceed customer expectations.
- Owns the business development process within assigned market
area with heavy emphasis on developing a pipeline of profitable new
business and renewal retention.
- Assists in the development of proposals for point-of-sale;
participates in and coordinates the Sales team for
- Maintain superior knowledge of competitor products and
capabilities along with local market trends.
- Demonstrates the ability to build partnerships with other
business groups to identify and initiate multiple product solutions
at the account level.
- Maintains an understanding of all Travelers products, services
and solutions and initiates discussions with other businesses units
- Uses available automation tools to support the sales process
and identify opportunities for additional products and
- Works collaboratively with other business units to remove
roadblocks and administrative obstacles to ensure agents and
brokers see Travelers as easy to do business with.
- Actively involved in the local business community.
- Prequalify accounts that meet underwriting & financial
- Share information with and support the efforts of the Select
Accounts team to manage distribution resources within an assigned
- Active involvement in removing obstacles that interfere with
effectively serving customer needs.
- Effectively articulate our Vision and work within our
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3 years sales or underwriting experience in the insurance
- Technical knowledge of Property & Casualty.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Platform skills, including facilitation.
- Ability to close a sale.
- Superior negotiation skills.
- Influencing skills.
- Marketplace knowledge.
- Business and financial acumen.
- E-knowledge of Microsoft and Lotus products.
- C.I.C. (or willingness to pursue).What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of professional or underwriting experience
required.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members
including spouses, domestic partners, and children are eligible for
coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, youre
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences.If you are a candidate and have specific questions
regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
email (4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may assist you.Travelers reserves
the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level
included in this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive
benefit programs please visit
Keywords: Travelers, Diamond Bar , Sales Executive, Small Commercial (SoCal Territory), Sales , Diamond Bar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!